* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5/5January 17, 2015
Reviewer: Randi in North Carolina
* I just tried this penne pasta for the first time and I LOVE it. It's packed with protein, fiber, and low in net carbs (for pasta). It tastes excellent and cooks like regular pasta.
* Finally, a low carb pasta that you can not tell from regular pasta. As a diabetic, I crave pasta, but regular pasta puts my blood sugar through the ceiling. If I stick to one serving (which is good sized) of Nutriwell pasta, I can have it and keep my blood sugar in check. There are other low carb pastas out there that have less carbs, but they taste like crap and have the texture of straw, also. This is the only low carb pasta I have found that I cannot tell from regular pasta. It also is the most reasonably priced. I fell for the Dreamfield's "protected carbs" pasta scam several years ago and had to toss 10 boxes after it shot my blood sugar to 300.
* I really liked this pasta. Tastes very close to regular pasta. The only reason I gave it a 4 stars instead of 5 is due to the labeling. There are no directions so it is unclear how long to boil (some low carbs take longer to cook) and I could not figure out the nutrition label. It is a very small bag, 8 oz, yet it is says it has 10 servings and one serving is a cup! Am I missing something?
* I used this pasta with spaghetti sauce for dinner tonight. I didn't tell my family that I was using "Low Carb" pasta so I could get their true reaction. They didn't even notice and thought it was just regular pasta! My teen age son had a friend over as well and even his friend didn't notice the difference. Hands down this is the best LC pasta on the market. I've already order more!
* I originally wrote a review giving this product a 1 as they had confusing and incorrect information on their nutrition label.
They have since then correct that information and replied immediately letting me know the correct information.
I tried it out this weekend and it tasted great, it was the first time in a long time that we were able to eat some Mac and Cheese. I will buy more.