* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5November 20, 2009
Reviewer: Amanda in California
* Filling- perfect size for a meal replacement. Very good mouth feel (especially the chocolate chip cookie dough).
I wouldn't recommend the chocolate chip graham cracker bar. A definite "off" unappetizing flavor.
What happened to the fudge brownie flavor? It was terrific and also had the least amount of fat. If you could reprise it that would be terrific.
The Colossal bars are also quite delicious although their fat content is higher.
* I really like these. There are other cookie dough flavored bars that taste more like cookie dough but these are still very good & high in protein. They're chewy with protein crisps throughout which is a texture enjoy. They also have a lot of supplemental bonus points because of the added vitamins/ minerals. A good buy
* My absolute favorite is the apple pie flavored one. It is delicious and doesn't have that protein-y taste to me. Any protein-y stickiness is explained away by the apple topping. Just wish it had a few less calories and carbs.
* I used to eat a ton of these because they tasted good, were low in fat, very filling, and packed in a decent amount of protein. Then I had a physical and discovered my lipid counts were horrendous. After educating myself about the effects of refined carbs, and realizing these bars were also packing a ton of sugar, including high fructose corn syrup, I switched to low carb bars with no added syrups or sugar. After just 4 weeks, my cholesterol was down 40 points and my triglycerides were cut in half. In short, these bars are very unhealthy.
This review is specific to BIG 100 Food Bars, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough