* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 4 people found the following review helpful
1/5April 24, 2008
Reviewer: Jennifer in Michigan
* Got two flavors - tried the S'mores - omg - so terrible I had to give it to the dog. If you do NOT like the taste of soy, then this product is not for you - uck! Wish I could have given it no stars.
* I'm generally a fan of saying nothing at all if you can't say something nice, but in the interest of humanity, I must say, "Don't buy these." These do, as someone else noted below, taste exactly like what you'd imagine Silly Putty tastes like, only blueberried up a little. (I tried the blueberry cheesecake).
I'm glad I only ordered two single bars. I ordered the S'mores one, too, but I haven't had the heart to try it after trying the blueberry cheesecake.
I know some people like these, but those people must have lost all sense of taste. I've been eating low-carb, low-sugar, no-sugar for years, and if this is an acquired taste, it would take a zombie Apocalypse and widespread food shortage for me to ever eat the rest of the blueberry one.
If you want to try them, I'd suggest just ordering a single bar to see if this appeals to you before going out for a full box.
Sorry, Doctor's. :(
This review is specific to Doctor's CarbRite Diet Bar, Blueberry Cheesecake
* I am a veteran of the low-carb protein bar experience, and have learned to adjust my tastebuds and expectations... But these bars are horrendous. I read a review comparing it to silly putty- that's about right. I threw out the rest of the bar. Don't waste your money on these...
* I am not sure who is reviewing this product, but they taste the WORST! if you want a GOOD and TASTY bar there are better ones. They have excellent stats, but The Doctor's bars taste just like something a Doctor would FORCE you to eat! Save your $ as even their composition(just a like a block of fudge - no crisp, crunch, nothing) is awful!
20gr of protein per bar is a LOT. If you are at risk of starving to death, these bars will buy you some time. If you don't have time to eat before you work out, pull one of these out of your glove-box and choke it down with a big bottle of water. If you are only concerned with staving off hunger and getting protein, these bars do the job. You definitely will not be hungry after eating one of these. Also, there are many foul flavors to choose from.
The reviews for this product were glowing, so I ordered 1-2 of every flavor. Stupid move. These things are terrible. They make Atkins seem like Godiva. If Silly Putty came in flavors they would taste like these bars. I will never buy them again and I am going to force myself to eat them all to teach myself a lesson for buying so many without trying them first.