* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
4/5July 05, 2009
Reviewer: A customer in Connecticut
* These bars are very good, much better than Atkins bars or bars of similar nature, although you may need to take a vitamin along with them. The best tasting ones are the Frosted Cinnamon Bun and the Chocolate Brownie. The other flavors are just not as good and have a soy taste that I find a bit too overpowering for my liking.
* So far, I've had the banana with soy nuts, the s'mores, toasted coconut, and chocolate mint. All were pretty good, however I tried to microwave them and this was a mistake. Usually protein bars are delicious warm, but this made them really dry. One thing I don't love about these bars is that the texture is consistent on the inside. For the s'mores, I was expecting some variation in texture like crunchy cracker and gooey marshmallow-- nope! I expected chunks of soy nuts in the choco nana soy nut one, but it was all blended together. Still good, though. Mint was really good.
All in all, if you're on the go these are great but if you are in a situation where you have access to a microwave or oven go for the quest bars.
* These are a nice protein bar. I like the amount of protein in them. As far as taste goes the toasted coconut is the best. The lemon was by far the worst. The mint chocolate and the smores were mid range. I still have to try cinnamon bun and banana nut.
* I have tried several different bars. I ordered the individual ones to see what I like. So far the only one I can recommend is the cookie dough one. It is good. I thought the smores and brownie were just awful. They do have lots of protein and low low carbs, but I could not even finish them. Get the cookie dough.
This review is specific to Doctor's CarbRite Diet Bar, Cookie Dough
* Great taste with very low sat. fat content which is what I look for. Soft texture. Able to moderate how many I eat because eating more than one or two can have that overbearing protein taste but definitely easy on the taste buds. Anybody can eat these!!
This review is specific to Doctor's CarbRite Diet Bar, Frosted Cinnamon Bun
* I have purchased different brands of low carb bars from local stores. Some are good but they are very pricey because the really good flavors must be bought per bar. Doctor's CarbRite Bars have so many flavors to pick from. The price is great for the box of 12 bars. I purchased the Blueberry Cheesecake and Lemon Meringue Doctor's Carb Rite Bars. They are very delicious and I have ordered more.