Barbacoa Slow Cook Sauce for Beef, Red Chile
Mild 8 oz.$2.49
Barbacoa, chile-marinated, pit-roasted meat is beloved throughout Mexico for its rich, tender goodness. At home, this blend transforms beef chuck roast or brisket into beautiful barbacoa. No pit needed.
Customers who purchased this product also purchased
$6.99 - $13.99
$3.89 - $4.69
Find a similar product
Low and Slow Brisket Barbacoa
- 1 boneless beef brisket, about 4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pouches (8 ounces each) Frontera Red Chile Barbacoa Slow Cook Sauce
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 4 thick slices bacon
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Warm tortillas for serving
2. Preheat oven to 300°. Heat oil in the bottom of a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid. Add brisket; cook, over medium-high heat, turning once, until nicely browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
3. Stir Barbacoa Sauce, 2 cups into water and sliced onion into pan. Heat liquid to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Nestle the brisket into the pan. Top the brisket with the bacon slices. Cover the pan tightly (use foil under the lid to ensure a tight seal). Cook in oven until fork tender, about 3 hours. (Recipe can be prepared to this point 2 days in advance; refrigerate covered and reheat gently before serving).
4. Remove brisket and bacon to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil. Boil pan juices with onions over medium-high until reduced to a thin sauce.
5. Slice brisket and bacon thinly across the grain. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with salt. Spoon the pan juices over all. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas.