Angel Hair 8 oz.$2.79
Glucomannan noodles are traditional Japanese noodles often called konnyaku noodles. These uniquely textured noodles are thin, chewy, translucent, gelatinous with almost no flavor by themselves. Low in carbs and calories, the key ingredient of these highly famed noodles is a rich dietary fiber called Glucomannan, which is derived from the roots of yam-like Konjac plant grown in Japan and China.Glucomannan noodles are easy to cook. Cooking with these noodles can be very rewarding for weight loss and healthy living. Pre-packaged in water in a refrigerated plastic bag. They smell a little odd on opening the ready-to-eat package but the odor disappears soon. These noodles can be prepared either by boiling them briefly or running them under hot water. They can be the main ingredient or they can play alongside vegetables, meat and tofu with soy sauce to enhance the flavor.
Shelf Life - 6-10 months refrigerated. 4 months pantry. Will last 2 months past printed expiration date if kept refrigerated.
COLD WEATHER ALERT: During the very cold Winter months, these Nooodle bags can freeze and potentially ruin the integrity and texture of the noodle. If your particular region is below 20 degrees F, we suggest that you delay ordering Nooodles. Thank you.
Customers who purchased this product also purchased
$2.49 - $2.69
$8.29 - $10.99
Find a similar product
- Zero calories - the glucomannan in Nooodle contributes no calories and when consumed as part of a meal reduces the net caloric content of the meal. The calories come from what else one puts on the noodles.
- Lowers calorie uptake - the glucomannan in Nooodle increases the viscosity of the gastro-intestinal content and reduces rate of food (calories, fat, cholesterol, sugar) absorption in the small intestine. The net effect of consuming a meal with Nooodle is that one absorbs less calories from the other foods eaten with it.
- Promotes satiety - the glucomannan in Nooodle is made up largely of water which fills one up quickly giving the feeling of satisfaction. One tends to eat less when Nooodle is part of the meal.
- Delays hunger - the glucomannan in Nooodle increases the viscosity of gastro-intestinal content and extends the feeling of fullness so one doesn't feel hungry for an extended period of time.
- Modulates glucose spikes - the glucomannan in Nooodle reduces the rate of glucose absorption in the small intestine and prevents blood glucose from spiking (clinically proven to be more effective than xanthan gum and psyllium). Stirring in Nooodles into ice cream and parfaits helps one enjoy treats with less absorption of sugar.
- Cholesterol reducing agent - the glucomannan in Nooodle, by virtue of its viscosity, traps the cholesterol from foods and also the cholesterol released by the body and prevents it from being re-absorbed. A meal containing Nooodle in addition to flushing out cholesterol from the GI tract will also contribute to reducing cholesterol in the blood cholesterol. Cholesterol reduction is further enhanced when glucomannan is combined with other cholesterol reducing agents such as plant sterols and chitosan.
- Regularity / laxative effect - glucomannan is a dietary fiber and prevents constipation by increasing bulk in the colon without the discomfort associated with most other dietary fibers.
- Anti-inflammatory activity - although the mechanism is still being investigated, the positive effect of glucomannan on skin inflammation is well known among its users. For centuries Nooodle like products have been part of Eastern traditional medicine.
- Prebiotic activity - serves as food for bacteria in the colon and helps enhance immunity. Foods that promote the growth of healthy bacteria have innumerable health benefits for people of all ages and genders.