Whole Grain, Organic 16 oz.$3.99
- Organic ancient grain with a sweet and nutty flavor.
- Good source of protein and fiber.
- Always made without dairy, wheat, soy, nuts, or eggs.
There are grains, and then there's Amaranth. Along with buckwheat and quinoa, Amaranth is one of the few plant sources to offer a complete set of amino acids, making it a rare plant source of complete protein. It's naturally gluten-free and a good source of protein and fiber.
Organic Amaranth is perfect for making gluten-free pasta, but should be combined with other grains/flours for baked goods since it has no gluten and will not rise on its own. Amaranth has a mild flavor that's both sweet and nutty, and it's a popular addition to many vegetarian recipes.
Find a similar product
Whole Grain Almond Granola with Cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons expeller-pressed canola oil
- 1 teaspoon NOW Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup rye flakes
- 1/2 cup NOW Amaranth Grain
- 1/2 cup chopped NOW Almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together honey, oil and vanilla. Stir in oats, rye flakes, amaranth and almonds until evenly coated. Spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden. Stir in cranberries and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Popped Amaranth Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups Now Organic Amaranth Grain
- 2 tsp NOW Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
1) In a hot skillet place 2 tsp of Coconut Oil
2) Allow the coconut oil to melt and slowly add 2 tsp of amaranth at a time and allow for the grains to pop like popcorn.
3) Mix Parmesan and black pepper to the popped amaranth and serve immediately.