- Know Your Sugar Substitutes: A Comparison of Sugar Alternatives
Whether your desire to use sugar substitutes is due to health-related issues or whether you're simply looking for a lifestyle change that eliminates refined sugar, we'd like to help guide you to an option that may work best for you.
- Collagen May Be the Anti-Aging Boost You've Been Looking For
A growing body of research suggests hydrolzyed collagen has powerful anti-aging properties for skin, bone, hair and joints.
- Products Containing Xylitol Can Be Poisonous To Dogs
Xylitol can be found in many low carb, sugar free food products (such as nut butters), as well as vitamin supplements, toothpaste, mouthwash, and over-the-counter medications.
- Are All Supplements the Same? Demystifying the Secrets of Supplements
It's a good idea to do your research when deciding which supplements to take and where to purchase them.
- Feeding the Hangry Monster: How to Avoid Becoming Irritable, Cranky, and Downright Miserable
There's no reason to allow hanger to strike, especially when there is an assortment of great protein foods and supplements to fuel your day.
- What are the Most Popular Diets of 2016?
Now that the New Year is around the corner, you might be thinking about going on a new diet to kick start your healthy life for 2017.
- Is Fat the Enemy? How the USDA's Food Pyramid Brainwashed Dieters
It's important to realize how fat affects your body and understand why it's not always the enemy, especially if you're consuming the right type of fat from healthy foods.
- Eat Like a Caveman or Try a Low Carb Diet? Four Popular Diets Demystified
Learn how the popular diets Atkins, Paleo, Up Day/Down Day, and Intermittent Fasting stack up against one another.
- Ketone Esters and Weight Loss: Is it Necessary to Eat Low Carb to Stay in Ketosis?
What is ketosis? Learn the story behind ketone esters and how they impact your energy levels, appetite, and more.
- Do People with a Bad Temper Have Nutritional Deficiency, or Are They Just A Jerk?
Studies have shown links between nutritional deficiencies and mood. Your food choice can impact your serotonin levels, which is a natural chemical reaction in your brain that gives your mood a boost.
- A Beginners Guide to the Ketogenic Diet
Even though low carb diets have been proven to work, it's helpful to understand why low carb is such an effective diet choice when it comes to weight loss. This guide will help break down the science behind low carb diets and teach you how this lifestyle can improve your overall health.
- Why Low Carbing Works
Colette Heimowitz, M.Sc., director of education and research for Atkins Health & Medical Information Services, talks about why the Atkins diet plan works.
- Are New Lowcarbers Doomed to Fail?
Don't be dependent upon low carb convenience foods during the initial weight loss phases.
- Everything You Wanted To Know About Ketosis and Ketone Testing Strips
Find out what Ketosis is, how it differs from Ketoacidosis, and how to use Ketone Testing Strips.
- How to Establish a Reasonable Goal Weight
When setting a goal weight, you should take height, age, bone structure, and health into consideration.
- Moving up the Carbohydrate Ladder
How and when to add carbohydrates back into your diet during Ongoing Weight Loss.
- Get Off Of Your Plateau
If you are at a weight loss standstill, here are some suggestions on how to break free.
- Staying in Control
Are you mad at yourself because you've cheated on your diet? Need a pep talk? We've got some inspirational tips for you.
- Overcoming Obstacles
Obstacles in a low carb lifestyle can't be avoided but we can certainly use some advice on how to overcome them.
- After-Hours Eating
Snacking after dinner and late-night raids on the refrigerator could be undermining your weight loss. Find out how to eat smart after dark.
- Eat Your Veggies!
Colette Heimowitz, M.Sc., director of education and research for Atkins Health & Medical Information Services, explains why vegetables are essential to the Atkins Nutritional Approach.
- The Skinny on Net Carbs
Not all carbs act the same way. What are "Net Carbs" and how are they calculated?
- Alcohol and Lowcarbing
When it comes to alcohol and dieting, moderation is the key.
- Low Carb Foods Shopping List
Not sure what foods are low carb? Print this low carb foods shopping list and keep it handy for your grocery trips.