Low Carb Tart Orange Pecans
Recipe Courtesy of LowCarbFriends, Posted by JHoberer, Member
- 16 oz. pecans
- 4 TBL lemon juice
- 6 TBL DaVinci Sugar Free Syrup, Orange
- 30 drops Stevia, lemon flavor (vanilla flavor or plain Stevia is also fine)
- 15 drops EZ-Sweetz (or use more Stevia)
- 1 tsp citric acid (optional, but this gives it more zing)
- 1/4 tsp guar gum
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 5 TBL Swerve Confectioners
- 1 1/2 TBL cinnamon
- 5 TBL butter
In small saucepan, mix together the lemon juice, DaVinci syrup, stevia, EZ-Sweetz (or more stevia), citric acid, guar gum, and salt. Cook on low to medium heat until well thickened (5 - 7 minutes). Stir in orange extract and vanilla. Remove from stove and set aside.
In a non-stick skillet, fry pecans in butter until mostly dry looking. Stir in the orange flavored mixture you prepared. Cook a bit more if needed. The pecans should look sticky but not be too wet.
In small bowl, mix Swerve Confectioner's with cinnamon. Sprinkle over pecans and allow to cool.